homestead - [Homestead] Ivy's shelter

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Ivy's shelter
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:37:39 -0600

Before you do anything about a barn talk to the health department and
a local dairy farmer. You are in Wisconsin, right? Wisconsin has
hordes of goat dairy people who will give you good guidance. Health
department types are pathologically opposed to chickens on dairy
farms, so if youeventually want to sell milk or cheese you need to
understand what they want. (None of the inspectors who inspected us
ever came unglued about our two guineas, but I'm sure their supervisor
would have.)

Marie