homestead - Re: [Homestead] freeware !

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: cayadopi AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] freeware !
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 15:30:47 -0500

I think you mean freecycle..
Yeah, it is amazing what people throw away.
Instead of cold frame, with those windows, think greenhouse.
See if you can look at mine...my greenhouse windows are actually sliding glass patio doors. There are three across the front and one on each end. My entire greenhouse was freecycled. Originally, I only paid for the roof, and we just replaced that in the past year. Originally we choose polycarbonate, now tin. It works for our use. Freecycle is a wonderful thing.

Leslie wrote:
OMG - BEV!!!! Thanks for that tip. I posted my first request for windows (to make cold frames) and some guy just re-did his earth ship... and has 5 really nice big windows ! And rabbit cages, and chickens, and ducks and and and all for free !!
I can't wait to talk to him tonight, and schedule the pick up.....