homestead - [Homestead] Christmas weather and a stupid dog.

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Christmas weather and a stupid dog.
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 12:00:01 -0800 (PST)

About daylight the dog still had not aroused from her cave (she sleeps in a
heavily blanketed wolf's cage, most nights), so I awakened her and opened the
doors to head topward the back dog for her to do her morning business. Whe I
opended the door, instead of stretching and walking out as usual, she ran to
her hiding spot -- she thinks she can't be seen-- did her am tinkle, and ran
and jumped up on the sofa and buried herself under pillows. So, to teach her
never to do that again -- this was the first time in 4 years-- I picked her
up and put her out back for 20 minutes, anyway. When I finally let her in
she looked at me like I was St. georges Dragon, and she was among the
persecuted.

Skip to a few minutes ago, a little after noon. She is playing outside while
my wife and I are reading inside; suddenly I noticed it was raining -- and
at a pretty good clip. So I march to the back door and she is standing there
, once again, among the persecuted. She is now buried beneath the sofa
cushions once again, and as soon as it quits raining -- it has already slowed
down-- I'm going to pick a few tomatoes from my garden to go with our lunch.

I hope everyone is having a pleasnt day..................

  • [Homestead] Christmas weather and a stupid dog., bobf, 12/25/2008