homestead - [Homestead] Ron Paul, today, bail-outs caused by fear based politics

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Ron Paul, today, bail-outs caused by fear based politics
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 18:25:20 -0800 (PST)

Ron Paul: Fear Based Bailouts Constitute Economic Terrorism

Congressman warns that auto-bailout could lead directly to fascism in America

Thursday, Dec 18, 2008

Texas Congressman Ron Paul has hit out at US monetary policy, warning that
fear based politics are being used to promote the bailout culture in the same
way they were used to sell the Iraq war.

“Governments that want to take over, undermine our liberties and gain more
power always use the fear factor. They did this leading up to the war in
Iraq, they do it on foreign policy, now they’re doing it on monetary,
economic and financial problems.” Paul told the nationally syndicated Alex
Jones show Wednesday.

“They do that all the time, that is their technique, always to build a
tremendous fear in the hearts of the people. Terrorize the people and say
that ‘we are your saviors and we’re the only ones that can take care of it’.”
The Congressman stated.

Paul pointed out that the use of the fear factor was never more evident than
in the run up to the passage of the $750 billion bailout bill earlier this
year when it emerged that representatives had been threatened with an
economic crash and physical martial law in America.

When asked if this constituted economic terrorism, Paul replied “Of course it
is, and those responsible should be held accountable.”

The Congressman also warned that the bailout of the auto industry could have
dire consequences.

“It is extremely dangerous because although we have been creeping in that
direction, this is an endorsement of nationalization. If they keep token
ownership with the corporations, which they probably will, then it’s called
fascism.” Paul said.

“I think everybody knows we’re in a crisis now and they have now gotten to
the point where they don’t trust the government, which is healthy.” The
Congressman told listeners.

“A lot of people are begging and pleading and they’re lining up. But the
average guy outside of Washington, especially so many of the young people are
realizing that this has all been a hoax and this is the time to really expose
that hoax.”

“We have a real opportunity to direct attention to the real culprit and that
is those who control the monetary system. Those who counterfeit our money and
cause the financial bubbles and then recessions, and now are working real
hard on a depression.” Paul continued.

“The only thing that can counteract this is a different philosophy. A
convincing argument that free markets, sound money and no Federal Reserve and
limited taxes, the things that made America great.”

“The system that they are trying to patch together right now will not work.
We don’t need more regulatory agencies, all we need is the enforcement of
fraud laws.” Paul concluded.