homestead - Re: [Homestead] My Marans Hen

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] My Marans Hen
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:41:39 -0500

It started out cold this fall. Started firing the wood stove in
September. But the last couple of weeks have not been bad. Were on
this frontal line and one day its cool (today low 40s) the next day
it's warm (tomorrow 60s). But is see next week calling for 40s all
days.

I know that she was going to sit soon and this time she started laying
in the shed. So I just made her a good nest with lots of hay
insulation on the bottom. I'm hoping that that will do the trick for
her. If she hatches them out, I'll probably confine them for a week or
two at least on cold days. She's a good mom and I trust her.

Rob - Va