homestead - [Homestead] Hog Scrapers

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Hog Scrapers
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:06:54 -0500

Following my line of hog thoughts, I've got two hogs that will be
ready to go soon. I vowed last year that I'd get a proper bell hog
scraper before I butcher. Last year I fashioned some out of binding
metal some wood was delivered in. I tried sharpening some canning jar
rings. I ended up scraping with a knife and I did not like how that
worked.

I have not seen a bell hog scraper anywhere locally. They are
expensive on Lehman's. I do see some old ones on Ebay. I'm wondering
if anyone here in your vast knowledge knows if I can just sharpen a
bell hog scraper with a grinding wheel.

Rob - Va