homestead - [Homestead] I'm no scientist and I can't make a decent biscuit to save my life.

  • From: kristopher p bacon <kristopherpbacon AT live.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] I'm no scientist and I can't make a decent biscuit to save my life.
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 14:29:06 -0900

"You know that hydrogenated fats (as food) do not occur in nature. Our bodies
don't know what to do with them and so some think they bounce off the artery
walls making scars and pits and explain our ever increasing problems with
stroke and heart attack." Well established.

"Same gripe with homogenized milk ... just t'ain't natural!"

I'm no scientist, nor a fan of homogenization, but I still wonder about this
theory. Everyone both for and against seems so biased. This gal seems
credible; http://www.westonaprice.org/knowyourfats/homogenization.html.
However, you never know until you find out who is paying her salary.

"Seems to me that genetic predisposition is both knowable and preventable. I
think that much of what is called genetic predisposition is because of
historical family habits in eating, exercising, attitudes, and environmental
conditions in the places lived."

I've always kind of suspected this. If genetic material can be damaged, and
if a family's bad habits(overexposure to the sun, poor diet, sedentary
lifestyle) could cause that damage then the resulting physical problems would
appear to be genetic predisposition. Same goes for emotional/mental
ills....maybe..

Kris P.

  • [Homestead] I'm no scientist and I can't make a decent biscuit to save my life., kristopher p bacon, 11/27/2008