homestead - Re: [Homestead] Eggs

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Eggs
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 08:50:48 -0700

On Nov 22, 2008, at 8:39 AM, bob ford wrote:

Thanks. I guess I should be embaressed to say that I knew very little of those facts. I'll probably forget, again. But, right now, it is good to know something about what I eat , practically every am ..

No need for embarrassment, even those of us who raise chickens don't know the physiology.

I hope the description of how eggs are made does not cause anyone to stop eating them. Eggs have taken many cheap and erroneous shots over the last several decades. The cholesterol rap is nonsense in my opinion. Sure, eggs have fat. They also contain lecithin, which breaks down fat into easily digestible bits. And, by the way, cholesterol is important for healthy bodies.

I have long considered eggs to be a perfect food. After all, with fertilization they are capable of creating a complete animal.