homestead - Re: [Homestead] " Middle Class " - CRAZY Commentary

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] " Middle Class " - CRAZY Commentary
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 18:55:22 -0500

You guys are reading too much in..
The trestle bridge thing referred to the hobo communities of the 1930's. On SNL, there used to be a skit starring Chris Farley in which he would threaten "you will live in a van down by the river" as a consequence of being unmotivated...Really, the van by the river thing is also a reference to the shantytowns of the 1930's.

I'm really close to being in the back of my truck, down by the river..lol

It's a crazy world, and getting more insane all the time.

Bev

bob ford wrote:
I was trying to fabricate some characters into "cool", like in an old jazz
club movie, to go along with bev's plot. I'm probably almost as ignorant on the
realities of some of those subjects as you .....bobford