homestead - Re: [Homestead] Auto / Corporate Bail-outs

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Auto / Corporate Bail-outs
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 20:22:31 -0800 (PST)

Our mayor (phx) and the mayor from Philly went hat-in-hand to DC for bailout
money today. I suppose they are miffed than NY, NJ, CT had already asked.
This is all ridiculous. Pretty soon, the internet porn kings will be asking
for bailout money, they probably have a bigger cash flow and market cap than
all of the auto companies , and their derivative businesses , combined.

Math is math, numbers are numbers. The inevitable is only being postponed.
I saw Debbie Stabenow on CNN today, begging for auto money. She said that
if the repubs had only listened to Barney Frank and Chris Dodd cocerning
Fannie/Freddie, we wouldn't be in this mess (what???). She reminded me of
the saying of Goebbels: "If you repeat a lie often enough, ppeople will begin
to hear it as truth".

How the clowns and morons now serving in both houses of congress (from both
sides) ever were elected is an indication of citizens susceptibility to
propaganda, or just plain ignorance. It can't be anything
else....................bobford