homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seeds

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seeds
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:59:06 -0600

Gene, I like Baker Creek too, although sometimes my germination rate on some of the seed is fairly low. I used to buy a lot of organic seed from Seeds of Change in NM because I figured they were suited to my climate but since they've been purchased by M & M Mars I don't like the direction of that.

Here are some others:

MA
http://www.organicaseed.com/

ID
http://www.seedstrust.com/st/about.html

VA
http://www.southernexposure.com/index.html
These are the folks I just ordered cover crops and grain from, and my order came in three days. I discovered them from our rice thread.

PA
http://www.amishlandseeds.com/index.htm

CO
http://www.botanicalinterests.com/about_botanical_interests.php
These folks are more known (their seed packages are available at better garden centers here), but I like their seed.

--Sage
Way Out in Texas

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:25:11 -0700