homestead - Re: [Homestead] Marie, mass layoffs chicago illinois

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Marie, mass layoffs chicago illinois
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:03:27 -0600

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 9:37 AM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> This just poppped up at top of drudgereport . I have no idea if directly
> affects you.
>

> Mayor Daley: Prepare For Mass Layoffs
> CEOs Tell Mayor They Plan Huge Layoffs In November, December

My state agency is dependent on state revenues that are, already this
early in the fiscal year (July to June) causing long delays in
payments to state contractors. If Chicago really tanks, we will be
looking at big cutbacks in government. My agency already downsized
(the head count is 50 percent of what it was when I started working --
the only division that appears to have expanded is HR), so further
cuts (unless they trim back administrators which was done a few years
ago but has been creeping in size) will result in survivors working a
lot harder.

This is just gonna ruin the Christmas spending season. :)

Marie