homestead - [Homestead] Planting onions and garlic

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Planting onions and garlic
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 13:33:30 -0500

I'm a bit late, but not too late for around here. I have yellow multiplier
onions and garlic going in the ground today. My farmer friend has planting
garlic leftover and I'm going to get some. I forget the name of the variety,
but it is a hardy heirloom suited for this area, I'm told. I also have
another errand, to attend an open house of a 'green' building close to
downtown, then return home to plant. Also putting in winter bloomsdale
spinach. Also snagged a free organic pie pumpkin yesterday, not that I need
more pumpkins to dehydrate, but thrilled to have fresh pie pumpkin seeds
(this one will actually be turned into pie).

It's an absolutely beautiful day and may beat the former record for high
temp. Nary a cloud in the sky. Simply gorgeous. Took a long walk earlier.

Lisa