homestead - Re: [Homestead] ...about to escalate....

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ...about to escalate....
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 16:45:18 -0800 (PST)

Your question and your conclusions are correct , I am afraid. And, this is
without the administration (Obama) fulfilling any of his promises. I'm
afraid they could just say 'to h*ll with it, we will spend until the machines
bleed and worry about the consequences later'.

The only 'possible' way out is for the next congress to exercise discipline
and restraint, but that will be largely the same congress we have now.

That article was the first time I've seen in print the amount of new
treasuries tio be issued. Like you, I don't think there will be many
potential bond holders without some pretty attractive interest rates.

That is about all we (the taxpayers) work for now -- to pay interest on the
debt. I need to make some decisions. I think maybe 12 months lead time
...........bobford

--- On Tue, 11/4/08, Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> > $2.1 trillion in the current fiscal year to fund
> economic rescue programs,
> > the U.S. Treasury is expected to significantly expand
> its debt securities
> > arsenal.

> I have been thinking about this today after I read about
> the borrowing we will be doing over the next few years. Where will that
> money come from?...............

> The Treasury cannot spin up the printing presses faster,
> that is the job of the Fed. ..................................

Bernanke and Paulson are busily fighting the last