homestead - Re: [Homestead] beer bottle building blocks

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] beer bottle building blocks
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 08:30:18 -0700

On Oct 29, 2008, at 5:33 AM, Don Bowen wrote:

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/10/temple-built-from-beer-bottles.php

A beer-bottle temple. How appropriate! Imagine the spirit-lifting serenity of being within that much happiness symbolism.

I recently wrote to New Belgium Brewery suggesting square bottles. I sent them links to the Heineken square bottle sites and postulated what a marketing coup it would be for them. Alas, they said it would cost too much to convert.

I will wait a year and suggest it again, noting that the first company to do it will be world famous. And, since their beer is such high quality, the combo of product and packaging would be superb.

For those who don't know, New Belgium Brewery, of Fort Collins, Colorado, is employee-owned and wind-powered. Their site is also out- of-the-box fun:

http://www.newbelgium.com/