homestead - Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country/child's books

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country/child's books
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:50:35 -0400

Oh good catch...I am almost tempted to save those tell she's old enough to read them on her own, they are so simple and told from such an easy viewpoint...

I'll look for old ones with good pics.

I do read poetry to her but I find to keep her interest, it needs to be really evocative. Shel Silverstein works.

Graeme Bass is fun. We made friends with the Kirks recently, he writes the Miss Spider series, they are fun to read but she's getting too old for them.