homestead - [Homestead] Getting to know Obama

  • From: jmroll AT bellsouth.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Getting to know Obama
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 00:57:59 +0000

Just Some of What Defines the person of Barack Obama:

We are riding a wave of "we need a change" but do we need to change to the
most liberal Senator in our Government? Many on this list can find no fault
with him. I just ask everyone to read this post and decide for yourself....
Very little has be forthcoming about this man..

Some of want Senator Obama stands for:

· He voted for partial birth abortion.
· He voted no on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions.
· Supports affirmative action in Colleges and Government (quotas)..
· In 2001 he questioned harsh penalties for drug dealing as being too severe.
· Says he will deal with street level drug dealing as minimum wage affair.
· Admitted his use of marijuana and cocaine in high school and in college.
· His religious convictions are very murky.
. He is willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jung Il and
Mahmoud
Ahmadinejad.
· Has said that one of his first goals after being elected would be to have a
conference with all Muslim nations. Why?
· Opposed the Patriot Act.
. First bill he signed that was ever passed was campaign finance reform.
. Voted to allow law suits against gun manufacturers.
· Supports universal health-care.
· Voted yes on providing habeas corpus for Guantanamo detainees.
. Supports granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.
· Supports extending welfare to illegal immigrants.
· Voted yes on comprehensive immigration reform.
. Voted yes on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security.
· Wants to make the minimum wage a 'living wage'.
· Voted with Democratic Party 96 percent of 251 votes. (241 votes Demo, 10
votes Republican)
· Is a big believer in the separation of church and state.
· Opposed to any efforts to Privative Social Security and instead supports
increasing the amount of tax paid into Soc. Sec. Tax Increase.
. He voted No on repealing the alternative Minimum Tax which now hits middle
income brackets. Tax Increase.
. He voted No on repealing the 'Death' Tax. Tax Increase.
· He wants to raise the Capital Gains Tax. Tax Increase.
· Has repeatedly said the surge in Iraq has not succeeded...which is not true.
· He is ranked as the most liberal Senator in the Senate today and that takes
some doing..

Johnny Reb