homestead - Re: [Homestead] rat snake

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] rat snake
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 18:19:43 EDT

Oh, I would love to have him if I thought he could survive the journey!
Closest I've come out here is a couple of Pennysaver ads for gopher snakes
(not as pretty), but I've always responded too late.
There is a snake here that is peculiar just to this area, and is
mauve-colored, to match the Calico Mountains. I dismissed it as myth until
the other day
when I was barreling down Silver Valley Road (the paved section) in my usual
fashion just as a lovely, light-lilac snake was crossing the road to my left.
He/she realized I was bearing down on him, and made a perfect reverse 'S',
and headed back into the scrub brush.
If he hadn't, I would've felt terrible.
Sandy
Mid-Mojave

In a message dated 10/6/2008 2:48:15 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,