homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shrinking budgets

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shrinking budgets
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 05:01:20 -0400

Virginia and many other states depend on cash flow to operate. I know for a fact that Virginia does not even keep track of accounts receivable. Their accounting practices are a mess.

An acquaintance once complained that he was having some issues with bouncing checks. I asked him if he ever balanced his check book and was aware of how much money was in his account when he wrote the check. He said that there was always so much money flowing in and out that he never had to. Too many businesses, government agencies, and unfortunately even individuals are so used to living on cash flow that having to take inventory of their real worth is going to be a real eye-opener.

Wendy

The coming economic hardship will hit us all - one way or another. I've been
a foster care provider to a live-in client since June 06, below is what I
just received. We had received a .25 per hour raise effective fiscal year
'09 (July 1), the State giveth and the State taketh away. Lisa