homestead - [Homestead] Something completely different..FUN

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Something completely different..FUN
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 20:20:55 -0700 (PDT)

Tomorrow is Craft Day, at least that is what my friend has declared.
City women have lingerie or tupperware or makeup parties, country women play
with concrete and leaves...lol
Seriously, tomorrow morning, I'm meeting 3 of my 'neighbors'(we all live on
the same 7 mile loop) to make sandcast birdbaths.  One is my best friend(A),
another is a woman I don't know that well(C), and the other is a woman I've
only met once(S).  This should be great fun getting to know them better.  (S)
is married to a forest ranger.  I get good vibes from her..I met her when she
harbored my lost dog.  She found him, called me, and even gave him a bath so
I wouldn't see how bad of shape he was in.  (C) has always been nice to me,
but she's a bit unusual and sometimes I get weird vibes from her.  She bought
the property they live on with money from a personal injury suit.  Yeah.  But
Craft Day is at her house, and apparently this was her idea, so she can't be
all that bad, right?   I am such a loner and wallflower in real life that I
never get invited to social events, so I was actually quite honored to be
invited to this party of 4.  (C)
went and bought the sand, the cement and everything we would need.  It's a
coffee and donut affair, no makeup, wear your sweats kind of deal.  It's
perfect.  (A) and I spent the afternoon looking for a Princess tree(Pawlonia
species).  I know there used to be a bunch of them next to the road, but I
guess they lose their leaves early because we couldn't find one.  We looked
at all kinds of leaves, finally decided to cast the elephant ear leaf. It's a
nice size for a birdbath.
http://www.gardengatemagazine.com/extras/53birdbath-video.php
I wish I knew someone with rhubarb..I really like the shape of those leaves..
Rhubarb just isn't popular down here.
By lunch, I should be mowing....after that, weedeating...
It will be a busy day...I love staying at home.

Akka