homestead - [Homestead] Speaking of asset inflation

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Speaking of asset inflation
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:24:12 -0500

http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsview/2008/09/the-next-move.html

"The coordinated action, announced at 3 a.m. eastern time, saw the U.S.
Federal Reserve free up additional dollars for financial centers around the
world, including $110 billion for European banks, $60 billion for the Bank
of Japan and $10 billion for the Bank of Canada. Those institutions, in
turn, will make the money available in short term loans to banks and
financial firms that have, given the turmoil of recent days, begun loathe to
lend to each other."

That is a total of $265B dumped on the world's financial markets in just the
last few days including IAG. That is not counting all the Helicopter Ben
has showered on the economy over the course of this year. It is a good
thing we no longer need printing presses to make money appear, just a few
lines of computer code is all that is needed. I think the music is starting
to beat faster than they can dance.

Don Bowen KI6DIU