homestead - [Homestead] No problems from Ike

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] No problems from Ike
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 14:22:22 -0500

Going to try posting again...seems like I can only get out to locals or those west of Texas. Anyway, we are fine and did not get a drop of water from Ike. Spent the morning harvesting cowpeas. Our son in Chicago has been getting the rain instead. Still have plenty of evacuees around in local camps, fortunate this is our tourism off season.

Just spoke with relatives in the swamps of Louisiana who returned home this morning to find their neighborhood flooded, but their house was dry. I have not been able to reach my mom who lives in Ike's path outside of Houston. I heard her town is without electricity but was not badly damaged. I am sure she evacuated and is off playing dominos somewhere with friends.

--Sage
Way Out in Texas, Far Enough from Ike