homestead - [Homestead] Freedom of what

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Freedom of what
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 18:31:07 -0500

On Sep 9, 2008, at 10:35 AM, Akka Homestead wrote:

This country was founded on freedom of religion or lack thereof.

That was a politically expedient resolution of one of the issues of the day, something that happened while Native Americans were being slaughtered, no doubt with religious fervor in some cases.

First we kill, kill, kill. Then we create a more perfect place. Yes, Iraq.