homestead - Re: [Homestead] Alea Jacta Est

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Alea Jacta Est
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 14:15:12 -0500

On Sep 8, 2008, at 10:03 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

But the main thing is that it is a gamble and now the dice have been thrown
and you can't retract the bet. This is about the last bullet in the Fed's gun.
If it does not have the desired effect, they are out of ammo.

Good metaphor. Until recently I didn't know about McCain's attraction to throwing dice at the craps table. So much of what he has done throughout his life and very recently is understandable now. "Maverick" has often more accurately been gambler.

Btw, I think that Palin is "the last bullet" in his gun.

As for Fannie and Freddie, the government takeover will work and the republic will be saved.