homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fw: [Livingontheland] Wendell Berry On Small Farms, Local Wisdom, And The Folly Of Greed

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fw: [Livingontheland] Wendell Berry On Small Farms, Local Wisdom, And The Folly Of Greed
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:54:33 -0700 (PDT)

"If you've got 300 million people, most of whom produce nothing for
themselves or for the community and to whom everything has to be brought
from somewhere else, then there's no way you're going to have
limited government, or limited anything. All organizations feed upon the
helplessness and ignorance and passivity of the people."

'a neat observation........bobford