homestead - Re: [Homestead] Living in the ruts

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Living in the ruts
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:51:18 -0400

On Jul 13, 2008, at 9:47 AM, Gene GeRue wrote:
... Davy Crockett said, “Be sure you’re right, then go
ahead.”

Across the street where I grew up lived a fellow who did cabinet and woodwork in a little shop out back. I spent many hours there listening to the tools and to him philosophize. He said "Measure twice, cut once."

Also he said he had a very special hand saw that would cut a piece of wood a little longer. He was good enough at measuring that I never saw him pull it out to use it, though. I guess it was at the very bottom of the tool chest.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
Lovettsville, VA 20180