homestead - [Homestead] O-my stars

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] O-my stars
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 18:31:27 -0400

Can anyone tell me how much John McCain charges for a picture at a fund-raiser? Just curious.

I saw the new "Country I love" commercial from Obama today. It is very well done-very scary-perhaps the best, fluffy political commercial I've ever seen...basically it's a monologue-fireside-chat-kind-of-feel-Barack-up-close-and-personal commercial.... lol...if you haven't seen it, it's probably on you tube somewhere..
I gotta admit, I am a bit star-struck..
If only, if only I had a spare 13 grand laying around, I'd drive 1.5 hours south and see Mr. President To Be...they are charging $3500 or some non-sense to get in the doors, and 10K for a picture with Teflon. I hear it was sold out in 2 hours, so he'll be raising lots more money down here.
I thought it was an interesting choice of places for his little 'town hall meeting'. It's my old neighborhood, actually...had we stayed down there, that's where the kids would have gone to high school (McEachern). I can tell you that it is a dividing line of sorts in the county. South of the high school, you see lots of people with color...poorer folks..lower to middle class homeowners...Joe Average American...and to the north, well, not much color there...upper middle class to filthy rich folks in multi-million dollar homes..all in a 10 mile radius of the school. It's funny though, I seriously doubt many locals will be there. This area would be behind enemy lines of the Barr camp, and the further north you go, the more Republican/Conservative/Gingrich-loving people become..of course, the Average Joe couldn't afford it..It's definitely interesting.
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky

  • [Homestead] O-my stars, EarthNSky, 07/07/2008