homestead - Re: [Homestead] George Carlin - RIP

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] George Carlin - RIP
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:34:00 EDT

Marie -

My friends make fun of me because...

When I want serious news, I read the Funnies.

When I want a good laugh, I watch CNN. George is sorely missed. But he is
out there now, and we will still connect, on a parellel plane.

One of the few things that could do the world worse now would be the loss of
Bill Maher. Dennis Miller went the wrong way awhile back, unfortunately, and
zipped off on a commercial tangent. Scattered his forces. Lost the zing and
just got to be crude.

I don't s'pose anyone on the list would remember Mort Sahl, at the Hungry
Eye. He and David Susskind were - and still are - among my heroes. Along with

T.S. and Hunter S., and Alan G.

Older than you are, probably - even when I was 10 yo, I was a throwback.

Sandy
Mid-Mojave

fuel-efficient used cars.