homestead - Re: [Homestead] Pests in my pesto

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Pests in my pesto
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:35:31 -0700 (PDT)

Once, an old acquaintance did a year and a day
courtesy of the state of Mississippi for killing and
eating a Bald Eagle.
He called me collect the week before his release to
come retrieve him (I lived 5 states away). I pulled
up to the front gates of Parchment State and he got
into my vehicle ; said hello, and immediately asked if
I had remembered to pick up his Lucky Strikes.
I motioned to the bag and he lit up a smoke. He
smoked and wouldn't say anything. Finally after about
30 minutes, I pulled off the side of the road, looked
at him and said:
"Dang Blast it, what in the blazes were you thinking?"
He didn't answer. So sarcasticly, I said " what did
it taste like---chicken? He responded thus: "Naaah;
more like a cross between a Whooping Crane and a
Louisiana Brown Pelican........bobf.