homestead - [Homestead] You've All Been Delphi'd

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] You've All Been Delphi'd
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:21:53 -0800

I've spent some time wondering what it is about ol' Mr. Teflon that didn't feel right. What is he doing that has set off my radar. What was it about the way the crowds reacted and the few very vocal folks in each crowd who squashed any nay sayers.

Wellllllll, paint me slow, call it mommy-brain or just plain old age OR the fact that I've been "out on the farm" in the middle of nowhere and no longer spend much time in the big city doing the gubmint's work.

Sheesh, I am soooo blind and really do feel D-U-M-B. After all, after the Bush/Clinton conference of governors back in the 80s, I was the one that set up the seminars to teach school administrators how to use the Delphi Technique, aka The Alinsky Model. The Alinsky Method/Delphi Technique is a form of group/crowd manipulation. You may also have heard it referred to as Group Concensus.

Bottomline, different dogs, same smell.

"Obama particularly used Alinsky's techniques while participating in Chicago community organizations in the 1980s."

http://www.citizenreviewonline.org/nov_2002/lets_stop.htm