homestead - Re: [Homestead] Running out of planet to exploit

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Running out of planet to exploit
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:24:24 -0400

I recall that movie...it was a good one!

Jerry W. Shepperd wrote:
At 04:36 PM 4/21/2008, EarthNSky wrote:
It's already here...add soy to everything and tell folks it is healthy!
Guaranteed to screw up your sex hormones.

Bev

Bev,

Your "add soy to everything" reminds me of a sci-fi film, Soylent Green, which I had forgotten. Soylent comes from "soy" and "lentil", and is a company that makes high protein energy wafers from soy, lentils, and plankton. However, they come out with a green wafer that is supposedly made from just plankton. It turns out that it is really made from elderly people who are put to death and then processed into the green wafers.

I'm sure you know about the research on soy, because I don't think your line, "Guaranteed to screw up your sex hormones", is an accidental tag. There is a roomful of research on the effects of soy on sex drive, and there is a correlation between eating soy and reduced male sex drive. Since, the studies are mostly correlational, one can't ascribe cause and effect, but it looks suspicious.

Jerry S