homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tear this up, my friends..

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tear this up, my friends..
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 20:45:43 -0400

Yes, Roy remarked on the hand rail, too, when I showed it to him. I don't think it's something we are very much interested in but it's always fun to see what other people have done and maybe what their plans were. We may drive past it on our way home, we are going to look at a couple of things this weekend. I am kind of excited. I am also kind of dreading it, too, you know? Like, it's almost too good to be true and any minute I'm going to wake up and find out we need to go live in a box in the burbs.

I think there would have to BE sales to get comps. Ha. You and I know there's no way to comp that thing out. The best I can do is factor in the slab and the septic and a per acre, given the state of the rest of the place. Seriously, why let the exterior SIT there and let the house to rot? They were obviously living in it. *shrug*

I'd have to love the land to deal with it, I guess. I just wondered if all that stuff sounded like a nut did it. Roy will be able to tell me but since he's "retired" I have actually seen him less than when he was "working". ; )

Celia