homestead - Re: [Homestead] Marie in Illinois?

  • From: Susan <zensu3 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Marie in Illinois?
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 21:21:43 -0600

Thanks for responding, Marie. I've been talking with Gene GeRue online and
he had mentioned there was an Illinois homesteader I might try to contact,
that you have good values and intelligence. I had initially contacted him
because he was offering 5-acre parcels on his Heartwood website but he is
only interested in leasing his property. I'm trying to get back to living
a simpler lifestyle, like I did on the farm in Ohio. He didn't tell me much
about you, other than you homestead in Illinois, so I'm not sure if it was
only our proximity to one another that made him mention you to me. Do you
grow vegetables or raise animals? Use solar or wind power? Lived on a farm
all your life or elsewhere? Are you looking for someone to lend a hand with
projects? I'm new to the homestead list, so I don't really know the various
people who post or anyone's background.

-Susan