homestead - Re: [Homestead] taking a moment

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] taking a moment
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:52:44 -0500

On Feb 18, 2008 3:58 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I miss Tvo.

Me, too.

Whenever I drive through Giles County I think of him. And I wish I'd had the
gumption to visit. I always thought since I was pretty much a
non-homesteader on the homestead list that I'd just be wasting his time (if
he agreed to visit), but I wish I'd met him.

We had a little banter during football season, our counties are in the same
high school conference/league.

I wished I'd let him school me on making homemade wine. I have a few
friends who make homemade wine and swear by their recipes that make a dry
fruit wine (10# fruit w/ 5# sugar in a 5 g. bucket) and more importantly,
that I won't produce botulism - but it would have been nice to sit w/ him.

Lisa
Floyd Co., VA