homestead - Re: [Homestead] In Defense of Food

  • From: tom <tom AT honeychrome.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] In Defense of Food
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:15:54 -0500

Personally I think Michael Pollan is maybe the most important writer in America now, and while I don't expect to learn a lot of new things from his new book (I've already been reading too much about the issues he covers) I do expect to be amused and delighted by the elegance and humor with which he discusses the issues. Two other writers Pollan fans might be interested in are Marion Nestle and Nina Planck. In particular, Nestle's "Food Politics" is an in depth, if a little dry, examination of the how, who and why of what our government tells us about food and what it allows advertisers and producers to claim about their food products.

  • Re: [Homestead] In Defense of Food, tom, 01/08/2008