homestead - [Homestead] leather britches

  • From: Keith B <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] leather britches
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:41:07 -0400

Hey homesteaders,

We've got a few pounds of not young pole beans (Kentucky's) picked yesterday and I'd like to know more about leather britches before stringing them up to join the hot peppers and herbs dangling from my office ceiling. This is the first year we've grown poles, always bush before. Man are they prolific!

Do you clip one end before stringing them? Do you remove the beans from the pods before using? Are they too mature to use when the pods have turned brown and wrinkled? Is that what the still green ones will look like when there're dry? Thanks for any advice.

  • [Homestead] leather britches, Keith B, 10/29/2007