homestead - [Homestead] Retiring to a farm

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Retiring to a farm
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:48:52 -0700

Time Magazine has a fluff piece on people retiring to farm in this weeks issue. It does not say much until they got around to quoting an un named USDA official. They say hobbyists get far less yield per acre than the lifetime pros and in times of food shortages they could further crimp the supply. We all know yield per area with intensive techniques is far greater than industrialized methods and that this is the UDSA supporting those industrial farmers.

I have tried to write to Time but I have to wait for the disgust to recede.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com