homestead - [Homestead] deceptively deadly pet food at WalMart

  • From: Strata R Chalup <strata AT virtual.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] deceptively deadly pet food at WalMart
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 11:10:14 -0700 (PDT)

[I suspect most of us are far from a Wal-Mart, but if this saves someone's
bestest buddies from getting sick or dying, hey, thought I'd mention.
Recalls only work when people are ETHICAL, sigh.]

Recalled UPC codes lablled over on Wal-Mart Pet Foods

"Initially, the product code checks out as safe, but if the sticker
is peeled off, there is another product code underneath. The original
UPC code underneath the sticker matches the ones on the pet food
recall list."

"The news investigator left one of the stickers off of the packages.
When the cashier scanned the label on the package, it said do not
sell and the cashier would not let him purchase it."

http://www.itchmo.com/more-recalled-menu-foods-pet-food-found-in-wal-mart-2463

* Artist, Gardener, Engineer, Slacker, Bodhisattva *
* 650-279-1136 | KF6NBZ | strata AT virtual.net *