homestead - Re: [Homestead] air compressor troubleshooting

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] air compressor troubleshooting
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 14:17:11 -0700

On Jul 9, 2007, at 1:25 PM, Warren wrote:

We just replaced my cobbled old air compressor with one from Sears. It's
been about two weeks, I guess, with me using it no more than a few hours
a day to shoot a nail gun or to blow out the surface planer. Yesterday
it started giving me a fit. The motor will try to kick in the compressor
but usually fail before it does.

The vacuum pump down in the barn will do the same, always has, but with
that I can give the belt a tug or two and get it going.

Any chance of insufficient voltage at the outlet it's plugged into? Heavy starting load taxes long extension cords or undersized or overlength services.