homestead - Re: [Homestead] Oil demand â?~rising faster than expe ctedâ?T

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Oil demand â?~rising faster than expe ctedâ?T
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:47:33 -0400

Thank you, Gene, for yet more words of wisdom. It is my protective
mechanism that tells me to prepare for anything that I CAN do.........it
will not be changing our govt or being an inventor of a thing that will
allow conspicuous consimption to remain unchecked, that's for sure. It
is about raising younguns to be able to handle their sort of brave new
world, being frugal and walking the talk. Helping local food systems,
co-oping with neighbors to benefit us all, etc. Blame, blasting "them",
and other such things are perhaps an even bigger cancer in lives. To
live in fear or constant anger is just as horrible a disease as anything,
and i sure won't buy into that anymore. There are so many little things
that we CAN do.
Anyway, Thanks.
Toni - the CA'n in KY for life!

our Gene said:
We little guys can do nothing about the global energy situation. What
we can do is to plan and prepare for how we will live when gas prices
rise ever higher, to the point of financial pain. Like health, we
must take personal responsibility. It ain't about "them" or "they."
It's about each of us personally.

  • Re: [Homestead] Oil demand â?~rising faster than expe ctedâ?T, tonitime, 06/14/2007