homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hey, Bev

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hey, Bev
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:59:24 -0500

Bev, I stumbled across that site while trying to identify a shrub that came up behind my house, and thought, "Now, that is a Bev site." lol

I understand about the cell phones. I had a real basic cheapy about seven years ago, and didn't renew when the sub ran out. Then, about two years ago, I was working at RadioShack and Sprint gave me a flip-phone with a camera, video/voice recorder, web access, Sirus radio, weather alerts, email, downloadable games, etc, etc. along with unlimited usage for all features. Oh, and I could also call people on it. Well, I couldn't figure the dang thing out, but my kids had a blast. Yes, I'm an electronics geek, but I have no patients with consumer gadgetry. The manual was thicker than the phone. I still have the phone, but now that I'm no longer a Sprint rep, I have to pay for the features. Just when I was getting the hang of it. Oh, well. BTW Sirus radio through a cell phone still sounds like Sirus radio through a cell phone.

Are there any kids around to load your address book? For some reason kids think this is fun. lol

Wendy

thanks wen!
That's exactly the site I had in mind a few weeks ago. I had it
bookmarked at one time, but had lost it.

I thought of you today, and Lynn, too...I thought, I wish Wendy and Lynn
were here to see this...
The sight???
Bev learning how to use a cell phone.
My employer is providing me with a cell, and it's my first one ever. It
was used by both my boss and another previous employee, so its not new
by any stretch. It is all new to me, however. I felt really
conspicuous and out of place today..I knew that you guys would
understand and not laugh.. :)
Of course, it doesn't work at home because of the mountain ridges, but
it does record voice mail. :/
Now, all I have to do is record all 140 of my boss' numbers, which are
still in the phone book, and delete them. <sigh>

Bev

Wendy wrote:
Hey, Bev. I stumbled across this website and thought of you. It is out of the U of Conn, so it probably only contains plants native to Conn, but I though you might find it useful anyhow.

http://www.hort.uconn.edu/plants/index.html

Wen

Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.