homestead - Re: [Homestead] Land prices, a perspective

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Land prices, a perspective
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:50:21 -0700

On Apr 19, 2007, at 7:52 AM, Don Bowen wrote:

At 4/19/2007, you wrote:
The buyer was a company called Desert Ridge Holdings, which plans to
put 3,700 housing units on it.

That is over $40,000 per house for the lot and where is the water going to
come from?

And there you have my common response when someone says I should conserve water.

Yep, add that 40k to the utility hookup costs and the governmental fees and then the cost of building the structures and the amenities that accompany. Of course, high prices are the fault of greedy Realtors; everyone is agreed.