homestead - Re: [Homestead] Creation, Loss of Climate Zones

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Creation, Loss of Climate Zones
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 07:38:59 -0700

On Mar 29, 2007, at 6:34 AM, sanrico AT highdesert.com wrote:

Morning, all -
I think, when I first joined the list, I asked if there were any thoughts on how
'global warming' (at the time it was iffier than now, and deserving of quotes)
might affect agriculture and other home-steady issues.

Future prediction is the current holy grail of atmospheric scientists and others involved in global warming studies. They currently use computer modeling to predict what will happen, where it will happen, and on what timetable. They rely on historic data to make their predictions. Human activities are escalating at exponential rates. Seems to me change is inevitable. Seems to me we and climate are largely beyond control. I intend to enjoy the ride. The grandchildren may well enjoy it less. Those who are most adaptable are most likely to continue.