homestead - Re: [Homestead] I Am On A Quest

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I Am On A Quest
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 08:22:49 -0500

Many long years ago, 30 plus to be exact, we used to buy an apple at the
grocery stores called an Oregon Pippin. It was small, hard, crisp and tart.
I loved them. Now I can't find hide nor hair of them. Or should I say,
skin or seed of them <g>

You might try this URL:
http://www.vintagevirginiaapples.com

I didn't see Oregon Pippin there, but I'd email those people. They
might know if it has another name.

I've been planting also, and have more to come. After this year, I am
really only going to plant the rare "find" tree :>)

Rob - Va