homestead - [Homestead] News you don't see in the mainstream...

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] News you don't see in the mainstream...
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 02:03:57 -0500

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/6312255.stm

I know where they got their ideas from...the Sumerians!
Also, one thing the Egyptians did that wasn't mentioned in the article
is that they used pools of electric eels for pain relief. Someone
walked into a shallow pool of eels and the electrical charge as the eels
brushed their legs took away the pain of arthritis and other muscular
injuries. Not something I would want to do, but ingenious.

Here's a really long, but interesting article on the origins of religion:
http://www.salon.com/books/int/2007/01/31/king/

Here's an informative article on H5N1:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11086-pandemic-flu-may-be-only-two-mutations-away.html

Prion research-reversing mad cow:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11062-protein-blocking-reverses-mad-cow-disease-in-mice.html

Hormones and natural oils like tea tree oil:
http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/070201_ap_shampoo_boys.html

I don't have anything that needs to be dry cleaned, but here's a story
about dry cleaning that should serve as a warning or at least something
to be aware of..
http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/070130_bad_drycleaning.html

What do worms, Abe Lincoln, and Alzheimers have in common?
http://www.livescience.com/history/070129_abe_disease.html

--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.

  • [Homestead] News you don't see in the mainstream..., EarthNSky, 02/03/2007