homestead - Re: [Homestead] I'm going back to school!

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I'm going back to school!
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 19:16:42 -0800 (PST)

I've heard from more than one source that continuous
lifetime learning is one of four things known to
increase life expectancy.
I went to night school several years after I ran out
of money for full time. After several years I went
back and took ten years of part time to get my degree
in my 40s. As soon as I retired I went back to school
and probably will for the rest of my life.
Of course learning does not have to involve formal
school but I think the scheduling and other
requirements add something to it.
Van Dell

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/03/health/03aging.html?