homestead - Re: [Homestead] What's on Tap for tomorrow

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What's on Tap for tomorrow
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:40:51 -0700

At 10/17/2006 11:58 PM,Bev wrote:
I am building a 3 section bin out of pallets, an easy kind of project, but it
is hard for me because I don't have a lot of hand/arm strength these
days and I will be having to hold the pallets in position and manipulate
the nailgun at the same time.

The compost bin I built from pallets was held together with bale string and other small pieces of rope. The rope / string held together for years in the MN weather & that made it easier when I wanted to move them to a new location or get all the 'dirt' out for a project.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net
Now in western Washington, USA

Suburbia: where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them