homestead - Re: [Homestead] A diversion...was... Missouri Design for Conservation

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A diversion...was... Missouri Design for Conservation
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:56:17 -0700

is mom and his dad are both Dee Dee Dee!

What does DDD stand for?

It's the "Life Is But A Dream" chorus in descending order: D-de-D-de-D.

It's funny. My brother is quite the xenophobe, and that's precisely what he seizes on: those fat Mexicans!

Or maybe it stands for "Don~a Divina de los Dolores", those glow-in-the-dark pictures of frowning women that they clutch and pray to. I wonder how a satire about the inverse relation between religious fanaticism and the success of a society would play in Mexico?

I think I get the main point. Mom and dad are both running in hamster wheels of their own, when they're not working or sleeping. This is now the third or fourth generation with a "head full of nuthin'". They've been programmed not to establish any salient mental connections directed toward their own interest, except as it involves putting their total trust in their ethereal careers, funny money, and banks and insurance companies. Fighting programmed helplessness motivates me as a homesteader and software creator, even more than when I was a math teacher.

Bill
S. Oregon coast