homestead - Re: [Homestead] Projects

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Projects
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:52:46 -0400

rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:

BottleTree? Please explain, as I have absolutely no idea what you are
talking about.
Ray

Hi Ray...not the plant....it's a Southern thing. Actually, it is an African thing, but Southerners just stole the idea.
Take a look....
http://usadeepsouth.ms11.net/bottletree.html
http://davesgarden.com/place/t/613856/
http://www.deepfriedkudzu.com/2006/01/making-our-bottle-tree.html

I had all different colored bottles on my post and everyone loved it. It looked very similar to Don Dranes-the one at the top of the page.
Now, I only have a few bottles, so I have a shout-out for bottles from my drinking friends.
I remove labels from the bottles, but some people don't. They also add a bit of sound to you garden, as well as height, and of course, they are good luck since they catch and trap evil spirits. <g>

Bev, with a bit of homestead whimsy...
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky