homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Sound of One Bubble Bursting

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Sound of One Bubble Bursting
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:31:53 -0400

I enjoy reading the housingbubbleblog very much and frequent it throughout
the week. I most enjoy reading posts from elsewhere throughout the country
after skimming the posts from various media.

I've been occasionally tracking how much popping is happening in long
overheated major markets in comparison with what is happening nearby or in
small markets not located next to a major metropolis. I'm watching for how
much the value declines--5%, 10%, 30%? I have a mortgage on my home, we
aren't fortunate enough yet to own it free and clear. We have approximately
40% equity in yesterday's market--but don't know about tomorrow.